Monday, July 2, 2007

Trauma to Joy

We use this prayer when we are ministering to someone who has experienced a traumatic event.

TRAUMA PRAYER:

“Lord Jesus, I ask that by the power of the Holy Spirit you would remove all natural shock, trauma, fear and terror of:
The cells of my body.
My heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, reproductive organs, hormones, etc.
My eyes, nose, throat, ears, skin, nails
My muscles, ligaments, tendons, joints, cartilage, bones, and bone marrow.
My blood stream and my DNA.
My nervous system from the stem of my brain to my nerve endings.
My mind, on the conscious level, the subconscious level and the unconscious level.
My emotions, my will, my identity and my spirit.
All non-cognitive and pre-verbal memories
All cognitive and verbal memories.
My amygdala (uh-mig’-duh-luh) and my hypothalamus (hy-po-thala’-mus). Please return them to their natural functioning states, turning off he alarm systems and the hypervigilance within me.

I ask Lord Jesus that you would receive all the silent screams from my body. I ask that you would turn off the fight and flight response that has been activated by the shock and trauma from this event and that you would restore the fight and flight response to your original design within me.

I ask Lord Jesus that you would restore my brain to its natural homeostasis (hom-e-o-stasis) and that you would establish new neurological connections within me to the joy center.

Lord Jesus I ask that you would fill my cells with your peace, your love, and your joy. Please bring my body to a place of rest. I ask all of this in Jesus holy name. Amen.

No comments: